FOR SALE: RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT SITE
EXTENDING TO APPROXIMATELY 1.1 ACRES
WITH PLANNING PERMISSION FOR FIVE SUBSTANTIAL DWELLINGS
IN THE SOUGHT-AFTER VILLAGE OF GRETTON
WITH VIEWS OVER THE WELLAND VALLEY
An opportunity has arisen to acquire a residential development site in the sought after Northamptonshire village of Gretton close to the border of Rutland with views over the Welland Valley.
The property comprises an area of land extending to approximately 1.1 acres (4,467 m2) with planning permission to build five substantial new dwellings and create a new vehicular access onto Clay Lane, in the village of Gretton and shown edged red on the enclosed plan.
The site is located outside, but adjacent to, the Gretton Conservation area. The character of the site and surrounding dwellings are strongly influenced by its topography with the land rising from west to east. The site is in an elevated position providing far reaching views over the Welland Valley and surrounding countryside.
All five proposed houses are set in reasonably sized plots with good degrees of separation between them. This would be emphasised by the differing levels of the dwellings reflecting the topography of the site.
The planning application Ref 16/00406/DPA, dated 1 September 2016, was refused by notice dated 2 June 2017. This decision was taken to appeal and the appeal was allowed and planning permission granted for five detached dwellings and new vehicular access onto Clay Lane at 9 Station Road, Gretton NN17 3BU in accordance with the terms of the application, Ref 16/00406/DPA, dated 1 September 2016. Appeal Ref: APP/U2805/W/17/3189159: dated 14th May 2018.
Please note we recommend any specific enquiries relating to this planning consent are made directly to Corby Borough Council or can be accessed within the planning search section on their website www.corby.gov.uk or via telephone on Tel. No. 01536 464000.
The site is located within the village and purchasers are to make their own enquiries as to the proximity and availability of services to the site.
No warranties are being given relating to the services available to this site, however we understand that services are available on or near this site on the usual terms.
None of the services, fittings, or appliances (if any) heating installations, plumbing or electrical systems, telephone or television points have been tested by the Selling Agents.
Gretton is a delightful village in the north eastern corner of Northamptonshire. Within it there are many facilities including a local pub, village hall, coffee shop, churches, playing fields and a highly regarded primary school that has recently received glowing Ofsted reports. The school feeds into good secondary education in the surrounding towns.
The village is close to a number of towns including Uppingham, Oakham, Corby and Kettering where there are many shops catering for most needs together with other facilities. For commuters Gretton is ideally situated for commuting to a number of major centres including Peterborough, Northampton, Leicester, Stamford, in addition to Kettering, Corby etc. It is also within easy driving distance of the A14 being the A1/M1 link and therefore into England's motorway system. At nearby Corby and Kettering, approximately 5 miles, there is a good train service to London St Pancras with frequent services.
For leisure pursuits they are many and varied in the area and these include many ball participating sports, including cricket, golf, rugby football, football, tennis, bowls etc., together with other pursuits such as shooting, horse riding, walking, sailing and finishing on nearby Rutland Water.
Corby Borough Council, The Corby Cube, George Street, Parklands Gateway, Corby, NN17 1QG. Tel: 01536 464000 www.corby.gov.uk.
None of the plans incorporated within the present sales particulars are to scale and are to be used for identification purposes only.
METHOD OF SALE
The site is being offered available for sale by private treaty with vacant possession being given on completion of the sale.
This site is offered available for sale at a Guide Price of £950,000.
By appointment to be made through the Selling Agents please. If you are travelling a long distance please telephone prior to departure to ensure the property is still available and to discuss any particular points which are likely to affect your interest in this property in order that you do not make a wasted journey.
OFFICE OPENING HOURS
Monday - Friday 9.00 - 5.30
Saturday 9.00 - 4.00
Sunday & Bank Holidays 10.00 - 2.00
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. Prospective purchasers and lessees ought to seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, area, reference to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and their details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection, or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of Messrs Murray has any authority to make or give any representations or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars or enter into any contract relating to this property on behalf of the vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers or lessees in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
5. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. Where any reference is made to planning permission or potential uses, such information is given in good faith.
6. The information in these particulars is given without responsibility on the part of the agents or their clients. These particulars do not form any part of an offer of a contract and neither the agents nor their employees has any authority to make or give any representations or warranty in relation to this property.
Money Laundering Regulations 2003
Anti-Money Laundering Regulations came into force in March 2004. These regulations affect estate agents, there will be requirement that Murray's confirm the identity of its seller and buyers.