FOR SALE: A RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT SITE WITH PERMITTED DEVELOPMENT APPROVAL TO CONVERT TWO TRADITIONAL BARNS TO A RESIDENTIAL USE & A SUBSTANTIAL STONE FARMHOUSE FOR REFURBISHMENT, ALL SET WITHIN APPROXIMATELY 5.40 ACRES ON THE EDGE OF THIS PREMIUM LEICESTERSHIRE VILLAGE.
An opportunity has arisen to acquire a residential development site on the edge of the sought after Leicestershire village of Wymondham close to the border of Rutland with an adjoining grass paddock, extending in total to approximately 5.40 acres.
The property comprises a substantial stone built FARMHOUSE, requiring a degree of modernisation and improvement, TWO TRADITIONAL AGRICULTURAL BARNS with permitted development approval for conversion to a residential use and an adjoining grass paddock extending to approximately 4.75 acres.
The location of the Manns Farm Development is shown edged red on the enclosed plan.
Melton Borough Council granted permitted development approval to change the use of two traditional agricultural buildings into two residential dwellings under Use C3 (Class Q a) on 8th November 2018 (Ref 18/01043/GDOCOU). Detailed planning permission has been approved for conversion of these agricultural buildings into a two residential dwellings under (Class Q b) with an approved detailed design of the dwelling.
Please note we recommend any specific enquiries relating to this planning consent are made directly to Melton Borough Council or can be accessed within the planning search section on their website www.melton.gov.uk or via telephone on Tel. No. 01664 502502.
TWO BARNS FOR CONVERSION TO RESIDENTIAL USE
There are two traditional barns with permitted development for conversion to residential use:
The larger Barn is constructed predominantly of brick being single and two storey and enjoying views over the adjoining grassland. The barn has a permitted development consent for residential conversion creating approximately 212 sq. metres (2,280 sq. ft) of living space.
The smaller single storey barn has permitted development consent for residential conversion creating approximately 74 sq. metres (795 sq. ft) of living space.
The farmhouse is substantial and offers good sized accommodation on two storeys and is set in an elevated position on the site. The farmhouse requires a degree of modernisation and refurbishment.
Accommodation briefly comprises: GROUND FLOOR: Entrance Hall, Kitchen / Diner, Utility / Porch, Lean to Store, Dining Room, Inner Hallway and Sitting Room. FIRST FLOOR: Three double Bedrooms. GARDENS: good sized gardens and grounds.
Entrance Hall (5.66m x 1.04m (18'7 x 3'5 ))
Kitchen/Diner (5.00m max x 4.67m (16'5 max x 15'4 ))
Utility/Porch (3.73m max x 3.56m (12'3 max x 11'8 ))
Cloakroom/WC (0.89m x 2.72m (2'11 x 8'11 ))
Lean-to Store Room (1.57m x 3.78m (5'2 x 12'5 ))
Dining Room (5.74m x 3.43m (18'10 x 11'3 ))
Inner Hallway (1.27m x 0.89m (4'2 x 2'11 ))
Sitting Room (4.65m x 3.96m (15'3 x 13'0 ))
Landing (7.47m x 0.91m (24'6 x 3'0 ))
Bedroom One (4.42m x 4.57m (14'6 x 15'0 ))
Bedroom Two (6.02m x 3.63m (19'9 x 11'11 ))
Bedroom Three (5.08m max x 4.70m (16'8 max x 15'5 ))
Gardens & Grounds
The Farmhouse stands in good sized gardens and grounds.
There is a range of farm outbuildings present on site.
The site is located within the village and purchasers are to make their own enquiries as to the proximity and availability of services to the site.
No warranties are being given relating to the services available to this site, however we understand that services are available on or near this site on the usual terms.
Wymondham is a delightful village in eastern Leicestershire lying approximately equidistant from both Melton Mowbray and Oakham. Within the village are a number of amenities including a public house, local school and shop, and others are available in the adjoining villages and town. For commuters it is well positioned within driving distance of Leicester, Nottingham, Grantham and close to the A1 with a good journey time to either Grantham and Peterborough where there are frequent train services to London Kings Cross. Leisure activities in the area are many and varied with country rambles or horse rides and sports including golf, football, tennis, bowls etc., all available within the vicinity. Rutland Water, a few miles away is a good location to spend time where there is fishing, sailing, cycling and bird watching.
Melton Borough Council, Burton Street, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 1GH. Tel: 01664 502502. www.melton.gov.uk.
This property is to be offered available for sale, subject to the inclusion of an uplift clause in favour of the vendors.
The purchaser is to be restricted to build a maximum of four dwellings on the farmyard to include the farmhouse and garden and if any residential development takes place on the grass paddock within ten years of the sale completion date, the vendor would be entitled to 33% of any net increase in value of this land attributable to the planning consent. Any uplift sum payable would be payable at the commencement of any development. The precise wording / terms of any uplift clause will have to be negotiated and agreed with the purchaser and subject to each party s lawyers approval.
METHOD OF SALE
The site is being offered available for sale by private treaty with vacant possession being given on completion of the sale.
None of the plans incorporated within the present sales particulars are to scale and are to be used for identification purposes only.
The barns' images contained in the present brochure are artist's impressions and are for illustrative purposes only.
By appointment to be made through the Selling Agents please. If you are travelling a long distance please telephone prior to departure to ensure the property is still available and to discuss any particular points which are likely to affect your interest in this property in order that you do not make a wasted journey.
OFFICE OPENING HOURS
Monday - Friday 9.00 - 5.30
Saturday 9.00 - 4.00
Sunday & Bank Holidays 10.00 - 2.00
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. Prospective purchasers and lessees ought to seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, area, reference to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and their details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection, or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of Messrs Murray has any authority to make or give any representations or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars or enter into any contract relating to this property on behalf of the vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers or lessees in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
5. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. Where any reference is made to planning permission or potential uses, such information is given in good faith.
6. The information in these particulars is given without responsibility on the part of the agents or their clients. These particulars do not form any part of an offer of a contract and neither the agents nor their employees has any authority to make or give any representations or warranty in relation to this property.
Money Laundering Regulations 2003
Anti-Money Laundering Regulations came into force in March 2004. These regulations affect estate agents, there will be requirement that Murray's confirm the identity of its seller and buyers.
- Residential Development Site
- With Permitted Development Approval
- Substantial Stone Farmhouse to Refurbish
- 2 Traditional Barns to Convert
- Range of Farm Outbuildings